Establishment of the Centre for advanced materials application SAS (CEMEA) was initiated by the project Building-up Centre of Ecellence for advanced materials application, CEMEA No. 664337 within the call of H2020 programme WIDESPREAD-1-2014-Teaming, which was awarded by the Seal of excellence and recommended for national funding.
The Centre was established on the basis of a resolution of the SAS Presidium on 1.6. 2017
The core activities of the CEMEA SAS are focused on the research in the field of materials science and new technologies aimed at modification of surfaces and interfaces in the domain of advanced nanomaterials, sustainable energy and biomedicine.
The research activities include:
- Thin films and surface properties
- Functional polymer surfaces
- Special light construction materials and composites
- Advanced ceramic materials
- Inorganic and organic nanostructures for electronics and sensorics
- Advanced materials for biomedicine and biotechnologies